Pies Descalzos Video
The school is the scenario where extracurricular educational activities take place. These activities are formative, recreational, cultural and productive in nature, and benefit students and young people as well as parents and residents of the surrounding communities. It is also a center for community development, where projects and initiatives from the social groups who are in favor of increasing the quality of life of the neighborhoods come together.
- Beginning of the program by which a large part of the community gets involved in the educational and social dynamics of educational institutions.
- Offer of literacy and secondary education for a large number of young people and adults who have continued their studies, ensuring their access, permanence and inclusion as students.
- Strengthening of the parents’ schools with impact on the family and society.
- Consolidation of sports schools in the three regions.
- Creation and expansion of the offer of artistic schools.
- Inclusion of the District School of Arts in Barranquilla as part of the Community Center.
- Psychosocial accompaniment linking artistic and cultural components during extra-curricular hours.
- Individual and group therapies and interventions with students and their families.
- Conducting workshops for fathers and mothers about child development.
- Strengthening of the program "Growing in Love" which has formed multipliers and promoters of good treatment and mental health in the communities of influence.
Diagnostics and monitoring of children’s and youth development
- Empowerment, leadership and social participation of the communities in the actions in favor of children and youth.
- Establishment of the program of education and civic education: foundations for economic and social development of Afro-Colombian youth and adolescence in southeastern Quibdó (Chocó).
- Active participation in institutional working groups to promote and affect public policies.
- Development and monitoring activities conducted by Youth Clubs aimed at community integration, consolidation of spaces for meetings, discussion and social development.
- Inclusion and appropriation by young and old citizens of overseeing processes in the neighborhoods.
- Participation in local working groups for youth and execution of autonomous initiatives by children and young people in sports, media and arts.